Re: When to announce a new mailing list on ietf-announce?

It is my experience that there are two basic reasons people
add themselves to a new mailing list. Those what want the idea
to succeed, and those that want the derail the process with their
unending useless comments.

I think it is important for people to be given an opportunity
to succeed. On one topic that I participate in, there are
people that like to criticize a document while providing
no useful feedback and claiming some inspired unspoken
better idea.

I think that IETF mailing lists need to be able to be found
and not announced until they feel they have a solid idea
or draft

This would mean that the IETF is a place to submit drafts and
a place to connect with people that want to solve
a common problem,

Gray, Eric wrote:
I agree with Dave.  Currently it is very difficult to get in
on the early stages of a BoF, even if the subject of the BoF
is of critical importance to your business or job.  How does
one find out - prior to attending a meeting - that a mailing
list has been setup?

--

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards