Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 04:39:18PM +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Excuse me Stéphane, but I do not find these comments constructive.
> Anyone planning an international meeting for 1000+ people has
> to take a great many things seriously that you seem to think
> are amusing. We had some serious security problems in Paris,
> for example.

I agree.  The thing is, my personal view is that one of the best places to
get work done is Minneapolis, but if you suggested that as a venue out of
the blue, most people would think you were a few cans short of a six pack.

We should be very open minded in venues to consider, and try to capture
what it is about those venues that seem to work in the requirements doc.

The fact that Minneapolis was 4 degrees F last time I was there didn't
really matter.  In fact coming from a country that now rarely sees snow
it was actually very enjoyable :)

Tim