Re: Beyond conflict

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 03:17:56PM -0400, Michael StJohns allegedly
wrote:
> At 02:43 PM 10/10/2005, you wrote:
> >Michael StJohns wrote:
> >>Jabber room dedicated for the specific discussion.
> >

> >im systems do not have threading, nor is it clear how threading
> >could/should be done.  --
>
> E.g. Jabber room for discussion on foo, jabber room for discussion
> on bar, etc.
>
> The key is that Jabber rooms can be created pretty much on the fly
> without requiring subscriptions and have tools such as archiving
> (e.g. I can still get the discussion from last ietf on dnsext).
>
> So "Let's take this discussion to beyondconflict@xxxxxxxxxxx  Live
> discussion at 11am daily edt, but feel free to place comments at any
> time." for example.
>
> I haven't a clue if this will work - but that's a cultural
> discussion not a technical discussion best resolved by
> experimentation.

I suggest one or more Wikis.  We know the problems of mail.  We know
the problems of instantaneous "discussion".  In between you have
Wikis, which allow time for contemplation before posting, archives
with rather interesting non-hierarchical interconnection of posts, no
need to create/destroy mailing lists, RSS, etc.