Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Dean Anderson wrote:
>
> > ...  It may also be
> > time to make a formal complaint to the ISOC about the pattern of misbehavior by
> > the IETF leadership in several related areas including abuse of Dean Anderson,
> > Dan Bernstein, Nick Staff, Jefsey Morfin, and others.
>
> I reckon it's because we so much dislike Nick Staff that the IESG
> appointed him as one of our external scribes. (The first set of
> scribe notes will be showing up sometime soon, btw.)

So what is the relevance of this to anything?  Indeed, I think Nick will be an
excellent scribe.  But appointing him scribe doesn't mean he hasn't been abused
as part of a pattern of abuse.  I didn't say you disliked Nick Staff. I said you
abused him. Sometimes these are different. When you offensively disrespect the
people you like, then you plainly have a problem with interpersonal
interactions.

Carpenter offers to (barely) chastise Alvestrand:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35904.html

Nick Staff asks publicly to rule against Alvestrand: Calls Alvestrands attack
"obnoxious, childish, and pubescent", notes double standard by Carpenter:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35938.html

Nick Staff says TIME OUT:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35957.html

Brian Carpenter tells Nick to pound sand:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35969.html

Nick tells Brian how he feels about that: (Nick is plainly offended)
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35993.html

Carpenter offered to barely discpline Alvestrand, and even though that offer was
accepted publicly by Nick, and offlist by Anderson, Carpenter backed out anyway,
and told Nick Staff (and Anderson) to pound sand, describing Nick's view as
"annoying and irrelevant".

Nick is just trying to make peace. He didn't deserve that.  What's more
sickening is that Carpenter still apparently doesn't think he did anything
offensive to Nick.

Carpenter also doesn't find it "annoying or irrelevant" to chastise others:
[e.g.  http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg35780.html] This is
part of a pattern of abuse and acceptance of abuse by Carpenter.

		--Dean

617 344 9000