Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

Randy Presuhn writes:

> At the WG level, disruptive members cause an enormous increase in the
> effort required to get anything done.

How hard can it be to delete messages?

> Our desire to ensure that minority viewpoints are heard puts us in a
> difficult bind when only ones expressing those viewpoints are
> individuals who also choose to behave badly.

You can just ignore people who behave badly.  Why must they be
silenced for everyone just because you don't want to hear them?

> Invoking RFC 3934 at the WG level is not something that any WG chair
> would undertake lightly.

I don't even understand why this is an RFC.  What does it have to do
with the technical functioning of the Internet?  What next?  An RFC
establishing an official religion?

> I'm sure the IESG is fully aware of the gravity of invoking RFC 3683.

I doubt that.  If it were that aware, no such RFC would exist in the
first place.

> However, the reason the procedures exist at all is out of the
> recognition that a very few people are so abusive of our processes
> and culture that we need to be able to cut them off so that we can
> get real work done.

Translation: Everyone reaches a point where he prefers to censor
others rather than tolerate them.

> If their technical arguments have real merit, they will reach us by other
> avenues.

If other avenues work, you don't need mailing lists, do you?

> It would be so much simpler if everyone could be counted on to
> recognize (easy) and ignore (hard) the bad actors.

If people don't want to ignore them, why is it your duty to do their
thinking for them?