Re: [dnsop] [dean@xxxxxxx: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

Dean Anderson wrote:
Right. But all DNS in the past (and most in the present) is small, stateless UDP
packets.  RFC1546 Anycast allows PPLB on diverse links.  But future DNS will use
large UDP packets, fragments, and more TCP.

That's a big change for something we depending so much on today.
Perhaps this future DNS should have a new name and use a different well
known port to avoid confusion.  I suggest calling it "LDAP" and using
ports 389/636.

Add "discourages protocol bloat" to the list of well known benefits of
anycast DNS.

- Kevin