RE: [dean@xxxxxxx: Mismanagement of the DNSOP list]

C.M. - One of us has horribly missed the point of John's email (I'm not
inferring it's you).  Whichever one of us it is, the good news is I think we
actually agree with each other  =)

The passage you quoted was indeed quoted by John but the way I read his post
was that he was quoting it to show how this situation did not actually
apply.  That's why I asked him to provide relevant text from another rfc
other than 3683 since if he was saying that wasn't relevant I wanted to know
what was.

I support my interpretation by quoting what John said immediately after the

"This looks similar, but it does not require the one-year minimum, nor does
it require a LastCall."

Basically CM I agree with you wholeheartedly that the passage does apply and
that this situation should be governed by 3683.

nick