Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

Dotzero wrote:

> Writing a standard which subverts the intent of individuals
> publishing to a different and existing standard is simply
> unethical and wrong.

+1

> What happened was essentially a political move because people
> chose not to publish SPF2 records for PRA. So, the response
> was to force people to opt-out (publish an essentially
> meaningless SPF2 record) because the SID camp was losing in
> the real world marketplace.

+1

> One argument that was put forth after the announcement that
> SID would apply PRA to SPF1 records was that it was a
> conspiracy to get publishers to yank their SPF1 records.

Yes, when I said "excessive technical incompotence or outright
corruption" it wasn't the polite way to put it, but it was and
still is how I feel about it.

> People and organizations chose to publish a record according
> to a standard because they have a reasonable expectation on
> how that record will be used. While there may be edge cases
> of abuse, the expectation is that most people will respect
> the standard. That's why it's called a standard.

+1

> "Your honor, I have this alternative means of interpreting
> what a red stoplight indicates.....go go go as fast as you
> can".

LOL, precisely.  Full ACK on all your points, bye, Frank