Re: Cautionary tale: Paris pickpockets

--On July 24, 2005 12:57:02 AM -0700 Dave Crocker <dhc2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is quite a bit of publicity about pickpockets around Paris
generally, and especially in Metro stations.  In the Versailles chateau,
they make regular public-address announcements about it.

Indeed. Yesterday my wife's purse was picked, at the Eiffel Tower train station, lightening our load of cash and several credit cards.

--aaron