Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

Spencer,

At 03:18 PM 07/26/2005, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
This draft (available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt )
does a reasonable job of balancing between current-generation leadership continuity and next-generation leadership development.

I have previously expressed the opinion that an absolute prohibition on four terms of continuous service would be preferable, but the flexibility granted to NOMCOM in this proposal is acceptable (and I could be wrong).

I too like this draft and agree that having most IESG members serve for two terms is ideal and making it more the exception that people serve for three or four terms. I also like the flexibility it gives the NOMCOM without creating strict term limits.

I think the IETF community is well served by having more people cycle in and out of the IESG. It serves the IESG by having ADs who have more recent experience in working groups and it serves the working groups by having some of our best technical people back in the working groups.

Bob