Re: I-D ACTION:draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-02.txt

--On fredag, juli 22, 2005 00:27:25 +0200 Brian E Carpenter <brc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sam, I would think that the purpose of a Last Call as part of
IESG review would primarily be not to evaluate success or
failure, but to be sure that the IESG has an opportunity to
hear, from the community, about issues of which the IESG members
might not be aware.

Then I don't think it's a Last Call in the normal sense.
It's what we might whimsically call a Request For Comments.
Seriously, we could call it a Call for Comments.

The IAB has a tradition of issuing "impending publication" notices on their architectural guidance documents.

The resulting document is still labelled an IAB document, not an IETF consensus document, but I think the process improves the output (You'd have to ask the IAB what they think about the resulting feedback, however).

If something works - copy it :-)