Re: Remote UI BoF at IETF63

Talking about power saving, I think that the most important feature that we
> have here is that the application logic is run entirely in the server side.
> This thing will definitely save power and also will reduce the software
> complexity of the client.

on the other hand, having all the semantics on the server means that there will be a higher interaction rate with the server. More network traffic and therefore the client will be doing more network i/o.

that takes power.

I think that by sending widget description over the wire you already use
> the bandwidth more efficiently than existing protocols (i.e.
> ramebuffer-level or graphics-level) which tend to send more
> "screen captures" that in the end eats more bandwidth.

right.

--

  d/

 Dave Crocker