Re: IANA Considerations

>     Ned> Unfortunately so is the presence of an empty IANA
>     Ned> considerations section - you cannot tell the difference
>     Ned> between such a section that was arrived as as a result of
>     Ned> careful review of the draft and one that was simply created
>     Ned> as a form of boilerplate.

> It's actually been my experience that the rate of null IANA
> considerations sections that should have contained content appears to
> be significantly lower than the set of missing IANA considerations
> sections when one should have been included.  Based on my perceptions
> I do think this requirement is triggering some level of review.

Hardly a ringing endorsement... And this requirement is quite new. It would be
unprecedented if it hadn't triggered some level of initial review in these very
early days. But wait a couple of years for the new to wear off and people being
people will start to handle it as more boilerplate.

> Thus
> as an individual I support the requirement.  I do not have rigorous
> data to support my assertion.

Useful data won't be available for several years at least. Which is why it so
surprising - and ominous - that the problem has already arisen in at least one
document.

				Ned