Re: Front-end delays

Excuse top posting, please.

Many of the issues related to WG progress can be managed using the
excellent web tools provided at tools.ietf.org - see for example:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/

This site makes review quick and easy. Clicking on a draft title
gets you not just txt but a nits check and diffs from any previous
versions. See:  draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-02.txt

The top menu includes links to email the WG Chair(s) and:
Drafts | Agendas | Minutes |  Charter | List Archive
making it easy to review the Charter, check the list archive for
comments on a given draft, and review minutes etc.

There is also a link to a Draft dependency graph at the top of the drafts
page. The graph shows you where cross area review might help a draft
progress, as well as highlighting blocking drafts, expired work, etc.

If every WG had and used such a page to triage work based on blocks and
cross-area dependencies things might move faster. Authors (and WG
reviewers) can also use the nits/diffs/and list archives to make sure that
individual documents are in shape to move forward.

Getting people to use the tools is a seperate issue. Just another mash
note from a tools.ietf.org fan...

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774