Re: New root cause problems?

On 5/10/05, James M. Polk <jmpolk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Adding to this - and I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you were
> looking for, but it adds to the overall problem - is that IDs timeout after
> 6 months (which is fine), but that includes IDs that are in the RFC-Editor
> queue process too.

I believe it only includes IDs that are independent submissions to the
RFC Editor and have not yet been sent to the IESG for its conflict
check.

mysql> select all_id.status, rfcq.category, count(all_id.status) from
rfcq, all_id where all_id.docname = rfcq.docname group by
all_id.status, rfcq.category;
+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| status    | category
           | count(all_id.status) |
+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
| active    | INDEPENDENT SUBMISSIONS UNDER RFC EDITOR REVIEW  (by
date received) |                    7 |
| expired   | INDEPENDENT SUBMISSIONS UNDER RFC EDITOR REVIEW  (by
date received) |                   18 |
| rfc       | IAB DOCUMENTS (by date received)
           |                    1 |
| rfc       | NON-WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by
date received) |                   25 |
| rfc       | NON-WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)
           |                   10 |
| rfc       | WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by date
received)     |                   24 |
| rfc       | WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)
           |                   56 |
| withdrawn | NON-WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by
date received) |                    1 |
| iesg      | IAB DOCUMENTS (by date received)
           |                    1 |
| iesg      | INDEPENDENT SUBMISSIONS UNDER RFC EDITOR REVIEW  (by
date received) |                   12 |
| iesg      | NON-WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by
date received) |                   21 |
| iesg      | NON-WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)
           |                    2 |
| iesg      | WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by date
received)     |                   47 |
| iesg      | WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)
           |                   61 |
+-----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+
14 rows in set (0.04 sec)

Forgive the too-wide presentation; but as you can see, all 18 expired
documents are in the Independent Submissions category.  (The status
"rfc" documents are because the rfcq database doesn't age out old
entries.)  The oldest document in each category:

mysql> select min(all_id.lastup) as "Updated", rfcq.category from
rfcq, all_id where all_id.docname = rfcq.docname and all_id.status !=
'rfc' group by rfcq.category;
+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 2004-10-22 | IAB DOCUMENTS (by date received)
            |
| 2003-07-01 | INDEPENDENT SUBMISSIONS UNDER RFC EDITOR REVIEW  (by
date received) |
| 2001-07-24 | NON-WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by
date received) |
| 2004-10-01 | NON-WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)
            |
| 2002-10-11 | WORKING GROUP INFORMATIONAL/EXPERIMENTAL/BCP (by date
received)     |
| 2002-09-11 | WORKING GROUP STANDARDS TRACK (by date received)

6 rows in set (0.03 sec)

so clearly, given that there are I-Ds in the queue that were last
updated in 2001 and 2002, the 6 months expiration is not a universal
concern for documents in the RFC Editor's queue.

[These databases are available from https://rtg.ietf.org/phpmyadmin/ ;
login ietf password ietf]

  Bill