Re: Voting (again)

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

> The criteria applied for membership of NOMCON could be
> applied to direct voting rights without any difficulty.

Selling out vs, pseudo-random ?  So far the worst idea I've
understood on this list.

> The model I want to move to would give the IESG and IAB
> considerably greater influence in the development

No, it would openly sell them to the paying industry.  At
the moment eyes wide shut I can pretend that I'm a "member".
Without this delusion I'd refuse to work for free and look
for greener pastures.

> there is nobody who has the authority to represent the IETF
> membership.

Something wrong with Brian, IESG, or IAB ?  If I don't like
what they do I can simply say so.

> there has to be a negotiation that takes place between the
> parties whose buy in required for deployment.

One of the more funny MARID experiences were the dozens of
one-time-posters all declaring "yes, we will deploy Sender-ID".
Surreal.
                     Bye, Frank