Re: french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?

Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf@xxxxxxx> writes:

>     Jaap> I'm amazed about what non-issues are raised everytime the
>     Jaap> IETF is not meeting in the USA.
>
> I think there is some bias on both sides.  The US folks would love to
> show that either the rest of the world is as bad as the US or there
> are problems having IETF meetings elsewhere so we should have them in
> the US so it is nice and cheap for the US attendies.

FWIW, the strategy I advise for Americans in this situation is to push
for meetings in Canada. The parts of Canada where meetings actually
get held are generally fairly close to the US border and you don't get
the anti-US responses.

-Ekr