french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?

As the next IETF meeting will be in Paris, and France has had something
a reputation for placing strict controls on the use of cryptography, I
took a look..

(This is, of course, a matter of potential concern to those of us who
carry laptops with encryption software for personal use to every IETF
meeting...)

It appears that France may have recently substantially liberalized its
regulation of cryptography.  A site at:

http://rechten.uvt.nl/koops/cryptolaw/cls2.htm#fr

has what claims to be a summary.  There appears to be a personal use
exemption of some sort but there's no mention of re-export of the laptop
you imported when you entered the country..

I'm not particularly worried as most of these laws are rarely enforced
in other countries.  Anyone have a better idea?

						- Bill