Re: reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless

I did have a problem Friday morning before the session start.  I got
an IP address, but couldn't even ping the router.  The person next to
me was fine.  Reboot and release/renew didn't help.  I finally walked
to a different place to force a roam, and everything worked fine.

One data point.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:12:42 +0100, Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > As I wrote this it got longer and longer, so the abridged version is:
> > -  We had problems on Monday, but we believed the wlan to
> > be operational (albeit without IPv6) with a few obscure
> > problem reports from Tuesday onward. If people were
>
> I mostly had no problems from Tuesday onwards with one exception: I had
> to reload my kernel driver after each sleep - possibly this causes a
> full reset of the hardware or something. This is something I seldom (but
> not never) have to do.
>
> I'd be willing to lay odds that the people who saw problems from Tuesday
> share some hardware characteristics: for instance the same or a small
> number of chipsets. My guess is that all AP-chipset combos are not
> created equal.
>
>         MVH leifj

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Wireless Security Technologist