Re: What? No PPT or wireless? [Re: IETF63 wireless]

Carsten Bormann wrote:

> (The best WG meeting I ever attended was one where Tony Li hammered
> out most of the IP-over-firewire details in one session by asking
> the attending firewire experts all the right questions in one
> sitting.  I'm still wowed for life.  But you can't do this for
> something as complex as VPLS.)

Carsten-

You've given an example for something that I've been wanting to
articulate.  WG chairs have *lot* of influence over how productive a
meeting is.  It takes thought and preparation to decide what the best
use of the wg time should be.  I've seen a tendency for wgchairs to
make agendas = list of drafts in development.  A better practice would
be to start the hard questions that need to be discussed (to take
advantage of the face time) and back into background reading from
there.

I think the emphasis on tourists, surfing, and powerpoint is a red
herring.

--aaron