RE: IETF62 Network and Terminal Room Information

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

> I am attending lately both IETF and IEEE 802 Plenary meetings. Both run
> networks of similar sizes, lately the IEEE 802 participation exceeds the
> IETF one, but they are still at the same level of magnitude. I must say
> that although the IEEE was late relative to the IETF in the game of
> providing a network during their meetings, the quality of the network
> lately is much better than of the IETF one, and there were no major
> problems in the last meetings as far as I remember.

see: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/secmail/pdf00174.pdf
note that they had problems with the wireless as well.

and it looks like they outsource to http://www.idealcorp.com/
so all it takes is money...

Lucy E. Lynch                           Academic User Services
Computing Center                        University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu           (541) 346-1774