Re: Last Call: 'Message Submission' to Draft Standard

On Sat March 5 2005 00:58, ned.freed@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK, fine, it doesn't *require* client modification, but client modification is
> necessary for the scheme to offer much benefit.
>
> It's still a solution looking for a problem.

It's a rough outline of a possible solution to the problem
"there is no real way to permit [explicit client] authorization
[for message-tampering] even if one  wanted to do it".
That was not my statement of the problem.  However, that issue
is related to 2476 and its draft successor due to the assertion
that they [2476 and successor] are solutions to abuse of the
"gateway" provisions of 2821 which permit message tampering.