Re: MARID back from the grave?

--On tirsdag, mars 01, 2005 22:34:08 +0100 Brian E Carpenter <brc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

now that we know that the secretariat keeps track of drafts that claim
to obsolete another draft, we could make this Real Simple:

drafts that say they obsolete another draft get the later deadline.

Harald (who won't have to decide that)

That would only work if it was "said" in metadata that can be automatically verified.

Today, this procedure (letting one I-D obsolete another) is carried out by the secretariat, manually. I believe the verification step consists of making sure the draft name is spelled correctly.

In an automated submission tool, we would have to have this be part of the submission to the tool, of course.

                  Harald