Re: Last Call: 'The wais URI Scheme' to Historic

    Larry> Does anyone see any real need to issue a new document on
    Larry> the "gopher" URI scheme merely to declare it "Historic"?

Yes.  Our process currently requires a document action or protocol
action to move a document to historic.  This could be done for each
URL, or a document could be published noting that except for certain
URI schemes, the schemes defined in 1738 are moved to historic.

As I read the note from the IESG to you, the question was not whether
a document was needed to move something to historic.  The question was
whether gopher should be published at historic or proposed.

--Sam