Call for consensus(minus): draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-05

Folks,

the latest draft - draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-05 - was published yesterday.

The editors believe that we now have text known to be acceptable to the IETF consensus on all issues raised except the issue of appeals, where we are still searching for a proper understanding and consensus.

I would like to verify this with the community, by asking the question "is this document OK" somewhat differently from before.

I *know* that there are always things that could be phrased better, safeguards that can be lowered or raised, concerns that could be addressed either in this document or in others.

But - in the interest of eventually stabilizing the document, I'll ask it this way:

Are there issues in the document now, apart from the "appeals" question, that cause you to believe that this document should not be approved as-is as "IETF consensus"?In other words: Are there show-stopper issues in -05?

I will ask the same question (separately) of the ISOC BoT, the IESG and the IAB.
If no show-stopper issues emerge, and we achieve a consensus on appeals, I will send out a (brief) request for minor issues you have identified such as spelling errors, get those incorporated in an -06, and ask for formal approval of that in all relevant bodies.

If show-stopper issues emerge, and it's clear to the IETF that they are show-stoppers..... the show stops. Of course.

                 Harald