Re: Consensus? #733 Outsourcing principle

I thought that was implied by "required"...... if we don't like "required", I think we should drop the subsentence, leaving us with:

In principle, IETF administrative functions should be
outsourced. Decisions to perform specific functions
"in-house" should be explicitly justified by the IAOC,
with these
decisions and staffing reviewed by the IAOC on a regular
basis and against a "zero base" assumption.

Isn't the "zero base" assumption the critical thing? If so, the decision to outsource/in-house is a consequence, not a principle...

Maybe

"In principle, the decision to perform IETF administrative functions "in-house" should be explicitly justified by the IAOC, with these decisions and staffing reviewed by the IAOC on a regular basis and against a "zero base" assumption."

Spencer, who isn't sure we can "outsource" something that's never been "in-sourced" anyway