Re: Consensus? #770 Compensation for IAOC members

--On Friday, 07 January, 2005 12:00 -0500 Michael StJohns
<mstjohns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> *bleah*  Generally its better to have rules *before* the
> exceptional events occur.
>
> "The IAOC shall set and publish rules covering reimbursement
> of expenses and such reimbursement shall generally be for
> exceptional cases only."

Personally I like that better.  Much better.   I even agree
about the "*bleah*" part.  I was just trying to reflect the
position on which Harald believes consensus had been attained,
i.e., I was trying to improve the language without changing what
seemed to be the intent -- both the original language and
Harald's proposed new sentence would have left things in a state
in which the IAOC would probably first encounter the problem,
then start making rules.

If the effect of that language change is to identify a problem
with the intent and to get it fixed, I think that is great.

     john