Re: #720 and #725 - Appeals and IAD autonomy

Hi John -

Your note seems like an outlier.  In particular, it takes a really
*strong* stance on protecting people from each other because
people *will* act badly.  For example, the way I read your
note, the IESG will micromanage and the IASA/IAD will order
bagels flown in daily from New York.  Appeals will be a daily
happening and people will hire lawyers instead of working it out.

I think you're trying to solve many corner cases.  I don't
think we need to solve them right now.  As Dave Farber would
say, maybe we should burn those bagels when we get to them?

Seriously: this BCP seems, imo, pretty much cooked.  There may
be flaws and holes that people forgot, but this would be alot
easier to nail down if we had some operational experience in
the new framework and then solve problems that are real.
There are lots of checks in balances in place, there are going
to be lots of new people who have to get up to speed, and
the community is watching.

I know you don't want to revise the BCP every 10 minutes for the
next 10 years, but if we had to ammend it once or even twice,
this would not be a big tragedy.

My personal advice: let's stop negotiating, call this BCP cooked,
and move on to other fires.

Carl
(speaking as a "private citizen" again ... my contract with
ISOC has run it's course)