RE: IASA BCP Conflict of Interest Clause?

Stephen Sprunk <stephen@xxxxxxxxxx> on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 13:08:
> We can require that the IAOC establish rules for dealing with
> conflicts of interest, and if a member does not follow them (or
> perhaps does so too
> frequently) they can be recalled; if that fails, particular decisions
> can be appealed by the community.  IMHO, this is enough.

Do you really mean that the IAOC should establish its own procedures for
conflict of interest?  This is something the IETF should at least set
boundaries on.

I suspect recusal is probably good enough if (1) it's quite thorough, i.e.
it means even being absent from discussion where the conflict of interest is
an issue, and (2) recusals are public information.

swb