Re: IASA BCP Conflict of Interest Clause?

This is a good question.
We probably ought to say something.
This may be too strong  (but I am not sure.)

At a minimum, I would expect an IAOC member with such a conflict of interest to recuse themselves from any discussion of the situation.

But, as written, this has odd implications. For example, it seems to prohibit an employee of such an organization from becoming IETF Chair or IAB Chair. Given that we are expecting to contract for IT services, and other information support services that might be provided by organizations that actually participate in the IETF, this would seem unfortunate. It could also prevent competent bidders from bidding sometimes.

Another thing that bothers me is that it heads us down the path of requiring financial disclosures from our appointees, which I would really rather avoid.

And what if one of the members is a consultant. He can probably quietly recuse himself from discussions that relate to a confidential client. But resigning, or blocking the client from bidding?

Yours,
Joel