Re: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 3.4 - IAOC Decision Making

Harald sez:
> I don't think the IAOC should be completely paralyzed by one member being on
> holiday, ill or for other reasons unable to participate.

nor do I, and my suggestion does not cause that - my suggestion says
that if you want a majority vote then the majority is of all current
members of the IAOC not of some subset that happen to show up at a meeting

> This is usually handled by quorum rules. I think the IAOC should set those
> (and publish them).

Bert asked about that and I think that having quorum rules is fine -
but I'm assuming that most IAOC decisions will be made electonically
rather than face to face so I do not think that establishing a quorum
for face to face (or telephony) meetings changes the number that
the determination of a majority vote works on - basically I'm
saying that the IAOC should work on the same rules IETF WGs do and
verify decisions on their mailing list (if one or more members
miss a face to face or telephone meeting)

Scott

=-----