RE: AdminRest: IASA BCP: Should IAB chair be a voting member of IAOC

It would seem to me that being a non-voting member is being a second
class member
of the group.  Given the relative lack of importance to voting in the
IETF, it is not
obvious to me that any person who is expected to participate in
discussions should be excluded.
In particular, one (at least I) would not expect the IAB chair to be
particularly irresponsible.
Can anyone explain why certain positions are non-voting?

Steve Silverman