Re: Shuffle those deck chairs!

This was down at the end of a long post, but everybody in this discussion
should see it.

Paul Vixie <paul@xxxxxxx>:
> as much as i hate to be seen agreeing with mr. raymond, who has
> inaccurately characterized both his own representative powers and the
> minority status of those views of mine he does not share, there is one
> grain of truth to what he has said here of late.  standards will be
> open, and ietf's choice is not whether standards will be open (that
> being foregone), but whether ietf will continue to be the place where
> these open standards are defined.  "open" in this context requires
> actual and passionate adherence to, and not just the mouthing of the
> slogans for, process transparency, unbiased decision making, and
> technological superiority.

Correct.  IETF's choices reduce to working wholeheartedly with the rest
of the open-source community or watching history pass it by.  This has
now been noted by somebody who is a lot closer to the center of the IETF
cloud than I am.  Will this be sufficient to wake up others?  I hope so.