Re: IETF 62 (was: Re: first steps)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Tim Chown wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:33:33PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:
> >
> > We know that booking early saves money, and we know that locations fill
> > up early. (Me, I like Minneapolis just fine. I do wish to have fewer
> > meetings in the US)
>
> Minneapolis is indeed fine, once you discover the tunnels...
>
> With the impending visa/biometrics/etc mess for the US, having more of the
> IETFs elsewhere would reduce the travel burden.  Maybe Canada?

Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto are all good choices and easy to get to
for those of us coming from US.

And as I understand it, cost of organizing conference in Canada is
slightly less expensive then in US, but maybe that is just if you compare
one large city to another (i.e. Toronto to NY) and comparing costs
for conference in Minneapolis and Toronto may be opposite.

Also Linux developers have annual linux symposium conference in Ottawa
and costs to attent are fairly low compared to other similar venues, so
maybe its less expensive there.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks