Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....

Spencer Dawkins wrote:

Dear Harald-the-General-AD,

Can we PLEASE do as Melinda says - change the policy now for new drafts?

That may have a chilling effect on new drafts. I.e., this isn't as simple as "let's just change it now for future stuff".

IMO, changing the policy would indeed be "making the problem worse".

At least, unless there's an explicit opt-out (preferably an opt-in, though) that __does not affect the ability of an ID to be a WG document or be otherwise affected by procedure___.

Joe