Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....

Ole sed:
>  I believe there are better mechanisms we could use

fwiw - the proposal from a few years ago was
	1/ have a directory called "expired_IDs"
	2/ move IDs from the normal ID directory to this
	   new one when they "expire," are replaced with an
	   updated version, or when the document is published as a RFC
	3/ when a ID was put in the new directory a new page
	   would be automatically prepended to the ID
	   the page would say something like
		           "EXPIRED INTERNET DRAFT
		This document may have been replaced or updated
		since it was published - please see (URL) for
		current IETF documents"
	   maybe centered on the page so it could not be missed

Scott