[Last-Call] Re: [bess] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-09

Hi Elwyn,

Thanks for the review.  I am updating inline for all comments in -10.

Regarding the ‘major’ below, I am trying to word it better. In fact what happens is that both PEs perform “DF Election” which will inevitable result in some VLANS going DF->NDF and some going NDF->DF – this occurs at both PEs

The idea is that a recovering PE is already in NDF state (it used to be failed/down/ndf) so the DF->NDF transition is somewhat implied and both NDF-DF and DF-NDF happen at t=103 at the newly-inseerted PE.

Because se want to eliminate duplicate traffic, the old-PE will transition the VLANs which are meant to be NDF first thus ensuring an overlap of both sides being NDF for some time.

Let me see If I can reword to be more consistent and better capture.

The Era concern and wording is being rewritten : the intent here is really for that to be out of scope since really it’s a 3-seconds problem in 2036.  The new text reflects to just assume “current” Era same as local.

For the rest of the comments below, I am just updating the document inline for -10

Thanks for the review !

Regards,

Luc André

Luc André Burdet |  Cisco  |  laburdet.ietf@xxxxxxxxx  |  Tel: +1 613 254 4814