[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-hbh-10.txt> (Operational Issues with Processing of the Hop-by-Hop Options Header) to Informational RFC

Dear all,

This draft purports to end an "endless cycle": I quote "Break the
endless cycle that resulted in HBH being a DOS vector."

RFC 9098 explained why potential DOS vectors exist. To me, this draft
draft-ietf-v6ops-hbh doesn't resolve the issues mentioned in RFC 9098.

Section 4 "Modern Router Architecture" seems too simplistic. I suspect
many router implementers wouldn't recognize their own work in this
phrasing.

Section 9 is under-specified to the point I considered it problematic.

Kind regards,

Job