[Last-Call] Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-rrdp-desynchronization-01

Dear Behcet,

Thank you for your time reviewing this document.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2024 at 10:00:16AM -0700, Behcet Sarikaya via Datatracker wrote:
> Summary:The document describes an approach for RPKI Relying Parties to
> detect a particular form of RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)
> session desynchronization and recover.
>
> Major issues:
>
> Minor issues:
>
> Nits/editorial comments:
> The document is short, well-written but has a few nits.
> in section 3.1 it says
> Using its previously recorded state (Section 3.1)
>
> I don't understand (Section 3.1) here, it is already in Section 3.1.

The <xref> is a reference to the <sourcecode> element higher up in
section 3.1, I see that in the TXT rendering of this document it indeed
isn't entirely clear what the reference is too. I'll take it up with the
RFC Editor when we get there how to improve the reference and make it
clear what the previously recorded state is.

See
https://github.com/job/draft-sidrops-rrdp-desynchronization/blob/main/draft-ietf-sidrops-rrdp-desynchronization.xml#L183

points to
https://github.com/job/draft-sidrops-rrdp-desynchronization/blob/main/draft-ietf-sidrops-rrdp-desynchronization.xml#L151-L156

Thanks for spotting this

> The document is Informational and it is expected to become
> Informational RFC, then RFC 3967 rules should hold. This means that
> the document is describing a non-IETF protocol. I wonder if that is
> that the case?

The document provides new additional optional guidance on an existing
IETF protocol (RFC 8182). The document is Informational it doesn't
change the RRDP protocol, it relays implementation experience based on
operational experience.

> BTW, Relying Parties means essentially Service Providers.

Or academic researchers, or interested indirect stakeholders, or .. well
could be anyone really :-)

Kind regards,

Job