Re: draft-rsalz-2418bis-00

> Thanks for posting draft-rsalz-2418bis-00. I exchanged a few emails
with a participant from Asia. During that exchange, the question of
whether the guidelines could be improved came up.

I believe many folks are interested in working on a 2026bis and a 2418bis, which is why I am converted them and will be posting subsequent drafts, each one merging in one of the "updated-by" RFCs.

> There is a sentence in Section 4 of the draft about conflict of
interest ending with a reference to RFC 9281. I could not find the
text in that RFC related to conflict of interest.

So Section 3 of RFC 2418 has this at the end of its first paragraph:
    WG participants should specifically note the
    requirements for disclosure of conflicts of interest in [2].

And [2] is RFC 2028 and I don't see the word "conflict" in that document either, so this appears to be an error in 2418. (Note that 2028 was obsoleted by 9281 and it doesn't have the word conflict either.)

This would be something for the WG, if created, to take up. Until then, you could post an issue in the GitHub repository listed in the draft, or I will.