[Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee-02

Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/gen/GenArtFAQ>.

Document: draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee-02
Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review Date: 2024-08-08
IETF LC End Date: 2024-09-04
IESG Telechat date: 2024-09-05

work, and is almost ready for publication. However, I have a few editorial
comments and questions that I'd like the authors to address.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues: N/A

Nits/editorial comments:

Abstract:
---------

Q_A_1:

The text says:

"This document transfers the ongoing maintenance and further development of the
protocol to the IEEE 802.11 Working Group."

I assume the transfer has already been done, and the document only reflects
that transfer by updating RFC8110. Could one simply say:

"The ongoing maintenance and further development of the protocol has been
transferred to the IEEE 802.11 Working Group."

...followed by the "This document updates RFC8110..." paragraph.

Section 1:
----------

Q_1_1:

Can "IEEE Std 802.11" be replaced with "[IEEE_802.11]", for consistency?

Q_1_2:

The text says:

"Since publication, [RFC8110] (also known as "[Wi-Fi_Enhanced_Open]") has been
widely implemented and deployed."

It is unclear what "also known as" means, as we are talking about publications.
Is [Wi-Fi_Enhanced_Open] a copy of RFC8110? If so, could one say "also
published as [Wi-Fi_Enhanced_Open]"?

Q_1_3:

Not sure what is meant by the following sentence:

"This document is a concurrence."

Section 2:
----------

Q_2_1:

As the content and future work of 8110 is moved to IEEE, is there a reason why
8110 is not obsoleted?

Q_2_2:

Would it be useful that explicitly clarify that the future work in IEEE will
not update RFC8110, but only the IEEE specification where the protocol will be
transferred.

Section 3:

Q_3_1:

Should the text say that future maintenance and development will apply the
security consideration processes of IEEE?