Re: TELNET to HISTORIC Re: FTP

John R. Levine wrote:

Worse, SSH is no better than TELNET because SSH based on PKI is not
cryptographically secure at all as was demonstrated by Diginotar:

Uh, what?  SSH doesn't use PKI or CAs.  You might want to review RFCs 4250 through 4254.

No, SSH originally was not used with PKI.

But, as I updated openssh just recently, I noticed some
mention use of certificates. Openssh 5.4 introduced a
way to be operated under PKI.

Still, I should not assume SSH always use PKI. Thank
you about that.

Anyway, recognizing https: relying on PKI is not
so secure should be helpful for this thread.

BTW, I can't see any point to favor anonymous sftp
over anonymous ftp. Are there any?

					Masataka Ohta