[Last-Call] Re: [pim] Re: Re: Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-pim-3810bis-10

Hi

Deprecating RA may make sense, but that doesn't mean it needs to be
removed from existing protocols. The MLDv2 bis document is not
defining a new protocol, we are just progressing MLDv2 to Internet
Standard. We should and cannot make any changes that would render
existing implementations non-compliant, and also, we want to only have
protocol definitions that have multiple implementations and known to
work well. Removing RA would be a pretty big change.

I'm not sure why MLDv2 is defined with RA, might it make a difference
to snooping switches?

Regards,
Stig