Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....

This has been a rathole every time we've tried to discuss the issues on the IETF list.... among other things because nobody's written a draft that tries to cover the issues... at least we need to cover:

- whether all people at all times have committed to letting the IETF publish their drafts in perpetuity, or only for 6 months
- whether, if that's doubtful, we have to obtain their explicit permission or can rely on "we'll publish, tell us if you didn't want it"
- how we should formulate the rule change (if it is a rule change) that permits us to do the "eternal publishing" going forwad, and how we should make sure people know that

do you really want to take another round around that topic today?

agree that the potaroo.net site is close-to-ideal, once we decide that we can do this.....

                        Harald