Re: TELNET to HISTORIC Re: FTP

I suspect netcat or similar would do the job you need. I doubt you're
actually visibly using any feature of TELNET options negotiation, you
just want a reliable bytestream with send on <CR>/<LF>

The last time I actually cared about telnet, was when I needed tn3270.
Then I *did* need options negotiation. That was two decades ago or
more. I also use telnet to test mail, or to see what an endpoint is
doing

I just checked, and netcat does telnet options. So you probably don't
need to install your binary, and could continue to use "telnet" if you
really needed to.

What do you really expect move to HISTORIC to do?

-G