Re: IETF email and IPv6 and related issues

Today, I see email arriving from 50.223.129.194, which seems to be in a
Comcast block.   It was mentioned that IPv6 sending broke.
I think that machine is "IETFA", but I could be wrong.
I think that one option would be to just "smarthost" everything to IETFA,
(perhaps over port 26, if AWS has blocked port 25.  It's what I do from my laptop)

There is a mail report tool which is stock postfix/debian, which will tell
you from logs, how many emails arrive per-domain.  I've been meaning for too
long to adjust it to also report v4/v6 stats, both for my mail server, but
also because Glen told me that he also ran that script.

I would like someone to understand why outgoing SMTP over v6 stopped, if just
for the record.    Mail has built-in "happy eyeballs".

I thank Jay for acknowledging the communication gotcha.

While I feel very strongly that we need to *lead* (and SMTP is definitely a
place we need to continue to lead), I'm okay with a compromise in the short-term.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )