Re: IETF mail service outage planned for 120 0 UTC on 27 June 2024)

Hi George,

I'm not sure if that's in response to my mail, but will assume
so:-)

On 29/06/2024 01:23, George Michaelson wrote:

A functional mailservice with high uptime and an SLA is worth more to
me, and I would argue the wider community, than specific protocol
dogfooding.

The people doing this planning are smart.

All of the above are unquestionable. (I'd not entirely share your
opinion, but my take is no more valuable than yours.)

It remains true that the community ought be consulted. If that did
happen, I'm sorry I missed it. If it did not happen, IMO we need to
discuss some more.

S.

All of the alternates will
come with known and unknown unknowns. I don't see much value in
exploring counterfactuals.