Reminder: IETF mail service outage planned for 1200 UTC on 27 June 2024

This is on track for tomorrow.

On 6/25/24 2:52 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:

As part of the overall transition of IT infrastructure, we are planning an outage of the IETF mail processing system starting around 1200 UTC on 27 June 2024. The outage window is from 1200 UTC to 1500 UTC. The actual outage duration is expected to last no more than 1 hour.

During the outage, delivery of messages to email lists at ietf.org, iab.org, irtf.org and rfc-editor.org will be paused. Messages sent to lists during the outage will be queued for delivery at the end of the outage. The web interface for Mailman3 also will be unavailable.

Non-list mail delivery is expected to be uninterrupted.

Persons sending email to the IETF system for the first time may encounter problems confirming the new address during this period.

This transition moves our primary mail sending to be through AWS. The relevant SPF records have already been updated.

An update will be provided once the work is complete, and no later than 1500 UTC 27 June.

RjS

IETF Tools Project Manager