Re: IETF mail service outage planned for 1200 UTC on 27 June 2024

It appears that Jim Reid  <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> On 25 Jun 2024, at 20:52, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> This transition moves our primary mail sending to be through AWS. The relevant SPF records have already been updated.
>
>Robert, what IP addresses (blocks) are AWS going to use for this? I can’t be the only IETFer who will need to put these in an allowlist.

Due to the way AWS handles outgoing mail, it will initially come from
addresses all over their SES outgoing pool. Eventually it will be
54.240.73.154 and 54.240.73.155, but if you just allow mail from those
two addresses, you will lose a lot of mail.

There may have been a time when it wsa practical to list all of the
IPs that your correspondents use, but that time ended a long time ago.
You've been rejecting all my mail forever, and I guess now I know why.

R's,
John