[Last-Call] Re: what are the rules, Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action for Timothy Mc sweeney

It appears that John C Klensin  <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> said:
>And how many have been deterred from participating because of how the
>IETF does (or does not) handle objectionable behavior and handle it
>in a clear, consistent, and, where appropriate, well-explained and
>well-documented way?   I don't know, ...

I don't know either, but I would wager a large amount of money that
the number deterred by ambiguous rules about how awful they can be
rounds to zero, and is vastly less than the number driven away by
our willingness to allow toxic behavior.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is active in multiple groups
that do technical work. (I'm in Kigali now.)  Nobody else allows the
kind of stuff we do, and it is obvious from just looking around how
different the demographics are.

R's,
John